Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 Fully Synthetic Gearbox Oil is an ultra-tough, high performance automotive transmission gear oil designed to provide maximum protection to heavily loaded gears while maximizing power throughout the drivetrain.
Royal Purple Max Gear makes transmission internals run smoother, quieter, cooler and longer without overhauls.
Provides smooth operation and high levels of protection at very high temperatures as well as excellent resistance against shear and ageing.
Max Gear outperforms other GL-5 specified gear oils because it combines the highest quality synthetic oils with Royal Purple’s proprietary Synslide additive technology.
For use in differentials, rear axles, manual transmissions and lower gear units of marine engines that specify use of an API GL-5 or GL-4 fluid. Max gear is also suitable for use in limited slip/positrac applications.
What is Synslide Additive Technology?
Synslide additive technology is Royal Purple’s tough, extreme pressure (EP) lubricating film that provides maximum protection under boundary lubrication conditions typically caused by heavily loaded, slow speed and/or shock load conditions. This tenacious, slippery film significantly improves lubrication and reduces wear by increasing the oil film thickness and toughness, which helps to prevent metal-to-metal contact in gears and bearings.
It is Royal Purple’s advanced Synslide additive technology that gives Royal Purple’s extreme pressure lubricants their amazing performance advantages, therefor making it a superior lubricant. Synslide additive technology truly is beyond synthetic.
Synslide additive technology displaces water from metal surfaces and excels in protecting equipment in wet environments. It also fortifies the oil against the detrimental effects of heat, which causes oil to oxidize. It is noncorrosive to gears and bearings, including case-hardened gears that are easily pitted by conventional sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure oils.
Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 certifications/licensing:
- API: GL-4 & GL-5
Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 Performance Advantages:
- SUPERIOR WEAR PROTECTION - Exceeds Eaton’s stringent GL-5/MIL-L-2105D Gear Oil Specifications and also is safe for GL-4 applications as well as bronze synchro gears
- MAXIMISES HORSEPOWER - Reduces operating temperatures, improves & smooths gear shifting and extends gear & bearing life
- LOWER COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION - Saves energy, reduces temperatures and maximizes power throughout (OEM or aftermarket limited slip additives are not required)
- MEETS WARRANTY REQUIREMENTS - Meets or exceeds OEM warranty requirements for GL-5 automotive rear axle hypoid gear lubrication
- HIGH TEMPERATURE PERFORMANCE - Eliminates harmful deposits and extends oil drain intervals
- LOW TEMPERATURE FLUIDITY - Meets operating temperatures for transmissions operating in cold climates
- RAPIDLY SEPERATES FROM WATER - Completely separates from water, preventing an oil water emulsion
- ENVIROMENTALLY RESPONIBLE - Components are TSCA listed and meet EPA, RCRA and OSHA requirements. Max gear extends oil drain intervals, eliminates premature oil changes, decreases the amount of oil purchased and disposed of and conserves energy
Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 is highly recommended for vehicles requiring any of these transmission fluids:
- Manual transmissions/transaxles specifying 75w90, 80w90, 80w, 90w, Transaxle GL-4 or GL-5
- Bert & Brinn
- Liberty & G-Force
- AUDI/VOLKSWAGEN - G-052-145
- BMW/MINI - Green Label (Mobil SHC 630)
- BMW/MINI - 1998+ (Mobil SHC 630)
- BMW/MINI - MTF-LT-4
- BMW/MINI - Castrol SAF-XO
- BMW/MINI - MTF-LT-4
- CHRYSLER/JEEP - 04874459
- CHRYSLER/JEEP - NV4500 5-spd (75W-85)
- CHRYSLER/JEEP - Viper Trans, 1994-2006 (75W-85)
- FORD - F32Z 19C547
- GENERAL MOTORS - SAE 80W-90
- GENERAL MOTORS - GM 12346190 (SynTorque LT)
- GENERAL MOTORS - GM 1235977
- GENERAL MOTORS - GM 12378261
- GENERAL MOTORS - GM 12378557 (QuadraSteer)
- GENERAL MOTORS - GM 89021677
- GENERAL MOTORS - GM 92184900 (Castrol SAF Carbon Mod)
- JAGUAR/LAND ROVER - Shell Spirax TS 90
- JAGUAR/LAND ROVER - Castrol SAF XO
- JAGUAR/LAND ROVER - Castrol SAF Carbon Mod
- MERCEDES BENZ/SMART CAR - MB 001 989 1703 (Hypoid Gear Oil)
- MERCEDES BENZ/SMART CAR - Castrol Manual BOT 328
- PORSCHE - 000 043 300 37
- PORSCHE - Burmah Carbon Mod (75W-90)
note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery