Rock Oil have successfully developed the 100% Carbon Series automotive racing oil, in conjunction with extensive field trials with leading racing teams, has resulted in a significant breakthrough in lubrication performance.
Independent tests have shown that conventional synthetic ester base oils of the polar type have an affinity for internal engine surfaces which can actually be detrimental for wear protection. (These esters can compete with additives for the surface, reducing additive performance).
In addition to outstanding wear protection release, Rock Oil Carbon Series releases full engine power due to the use of unique organic friction modifier technology.
Can be used in both Motorsport and fast road applications, and offers users the reassurance that their engine is both protected and releasing maximum power.
Rock Oil Carbon 10w50 certification & licensing:
- API SN, SM & CF
Rock Oil Carbon features:
- Tri-Synthetic Formula – includes Non-Polar Synthetic Ester, Polyalphaolefin (PAO) and a next generation proprietary fully synthetic base oil
- Outstanding resistance to Permanent Viscosity Loss (PVL) through use of active, self healing viscosity
- Modifiers – extremely important for highly stressed, tight tolerance racing engines
- Exceptionally low NOACK volatility, which results in very low oil consumption
- Unsurpassed wear protection - important for racing applications
Sequence IV-A "ASTM D6891" (the oil industry's benchmark flat tappet valve-train wear test):
- API SL Limit = 120 microns maximum wear on cam lobes
- API SM & SN Limit = 90 microns maximum wear on cam lobes
The Rock Oil Carbon range is not recommended for engines fitted with after-treatment devices, such as Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF's).
note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery