ATE TYP 200 Racing Brake Fluid is designed to excel under the extreme demands of race cars and high-performance driving.
The TYP 200 formula offers a minimal drop in boiling point due to outstanding water binding properties resulting in a long-lasting brake fluid that can provide optimal performance for up to three years under normal highway driving conditions.
ATE TYP 200 Racing Brake Fluid is no longer blue and is now an amber/gold colour in order to meet DOT regulations.
The high wet and dry boiling points make this brake fluid an excellent choice for street driven cars.
Rated with a dry boiling point of 280ºC and a wet boiling point of 198ºC.
Exceeds the requirements of brake fluid standards including FMVSS No. 116 – DOT 4, SAE J1704 and ISO 4925, Class 4.
Supplied in a 1 litre bottle.
ATE TYP 200 Racing Brake Fluid specifications:
- Dry boiling point 280°C/536°F
- Wet boiling point 198°C/388°F
- Viscosity at -40°C (-40°F) 1400 mm²/s
- Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) 2.2-2.8 mm²/s
Dry Boiling Point vs Wet Boiling Point Explained:
- The dry boiling point refers to the boiling temperature of fresh, brand new brake fluid. Whereas the wet boiling point refers to the temperature DOT brake fluid begins to boil after it has absorbed 3.7% water by volume. DOT brake fluid will reach this level of water volume after roughly 2 years of use, which is why it is advisable to renew the brake fluid every 1-2 years. (it is not uncommon for track cars to replace the brake fluid every 3-6 months, or racers to replace the brake fluid every single event)
note: do not mix brake fluids, perform a flush with the brake fluid you intend to use.
note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery