Royal Purple Ultra-Performance Grease (UPG) is a high performance, multi-service, aluminium-complex, synthetic grease which significantly increases bearing life and reliability.
Satisfies a wide range of grease requirements from the lubrication of bearings to u-joints and general-purpose use. It also has outstanding extreme pressure capabilities and excellent water resistance to both emulsion and washout.
Stable at high temperatures and has excellent oxidation resistance for extended service life as well as to provide a margin of safety between lubrication intervals.
When the China Star Bullet Train was having heat problems keeping them from achieving optimal speed, they evaluated 26 of the best lubricants available from around the world and Royal Purple’s Ultra-Performance Grease solved the heat problems for the China Star Bullet Train. After careful testing, senior engineers selected Royal Purple’s Ultra-Performance Grease. Not only did it help them resolve their heat problems, it also, enabled them to set a new land-speed record for bullet trains.
Made using a superior blend of synthetic base oils plus Royal Purple’s unique, proprietary, noncorrosive Synerlec Additive Technology.
What is Synslide Additive Technology? - Synslide Additive Technology is Royal Purple’s tough extreme pressure lubricating film, provides maximum protection under boundary lubrication conditions typically caused by heavily loaded, slow speed and/or shock load conditions. This tenacious, slippery film significantly improves lubrication and reduces wear by increasing the oil film thickness and toughness, which helps to prevent metal-to-metal contact in gears and bearings.
Synslide additive technology is noncorrosive to gears and bearings, including case-hardened gears that are easily pitted by conventional sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure oils. Synslide additive technology displaces water from metal surfaces and excels in protecting equipment in wet environments. It also fortifies the oil against the detrimental effects of heat, which causes oil to oxidize.
Significantly increases bearing life and equipment reliability and makes bearings run smoother, cooler, quieter, longer and more efficiently!
Supplied in tubes only.
Royal Purple Ultra-Performance Grease (UPG) features:
- Aluminum Complex Grease Base - Ultra-Performance Grease has superior shear stability, water resistance and high temperature performance
- Greater Wear Protection - Ultra-Performance Grease’s extraordinary film strength provides superior protection to anti-friction and journal bearings
- Reduces Vibrations - The tough oil film of Ultra-Performance Grease coupled with its ability to micro-polish contacting bearing elements provides superior bearing lubrication
- Multi-Temperature Service - Ultra-Performance Grease combines both good low temperature pumpability and excellent high temperature stability. It is suitable for centralized pressure systems
- Exceptional Water Resistance - Ultra-Performance Grease will not mix with water and has great resistance to water wash off. It excels in tough subsea applications
- Outstanding Oxidation Stability - Ultra-Performance Grease promotes clean, deposit-free bearings for better performance and provides a margin of safety for missed or extended reapplication intervals
- Excellent Rust and Corrosion Protection - Ultra-Performance Grease protects metal surfaces in wet or dry environments during operation and shutdown
- Environmentally Responsible - Ultra-Performance Grease components are TSCA listed and meet EPA, RCRA and OSHA requirements
Royal Purple Ultra-Performance Grease (UPG) specifications:
- cSt @ 40°C: 180
- cSt @ 100°C: 16.2
- Density: 7.5lbs/gal
- Water Washout Test: <5.0%
- Thickener Content: 7.5%
- Cone Penetration: 280
- Drop Point: 274°C (525°F)
- Oil Separation Test: <5.0
- Oxidation Resistance:<5.0
- Four Ball EP Test, Weld Load: 400
note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery